Backup File Error Messages
When you attempt to restore a backup in Windows XP that you create by using the MS backup tool in Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Millennium Edition (Me), you may receive one of the following error messages:
- Unrecognized Media;
- The backup file contains unrecognized data and cannot be used;
- An inconsistency was encountered on the requested media;
- The backup file is unusable. You must erase it, or choose another file;
Download and install Repair My Backup. Use it to open the relevant backup file. Repair My Backup will not change the content of the damaged BKF file in any way. It will allow you to securely preview the contents of the BKF file as shown in the screen shot below. Activate Repair My Backup save files located inside the corrupt backup file.
Download Repair My Backup
- Click the "Download" button below and download "RepairMyBackup-Setup.exe" to your computer.
- Run "RepairMyBackup-Setup.exe" and follow the on screen installation instructions.